Thursday, February 22, 2007

All Things Are Possible!!!

When I heard that Jennifer Hudson was going to be the first African- American women to grace to cover of Vogue magazine...I was extremely happy. I'm mean you would have thought I was going to be on the cover. I just thought hey if I feel this way I wonder how she must feel.
I could imagine how she felt being booted off of American Idol not because she didn't have the talent, poise or class, but because she didn't fit the "image" the music industry believes will sell records. I can imagine how she felt when you have given your best and it goes unnoticed because they want a particular look. Imagine wanting something so bad and knowing that you have all it takes and for the door to just shut right in your face.
Well thank God for the oppurtunity of a lifetime that was found in her upcoming role in
"Dreamgirls"...which I must say was a stellar performance. I am so happy for her....it's amazing how many nominations she has gotten and I have watched both the Golden Globes and The Screen Actors Guild awards...and I felt like it was my sister that was going up to the podium to accept her award...I loved when she said..." you don't know what this does for my confidence" and now she Jennifer Hudson is the first black woman on the cover of Vogue...not Beyonce, not Halle Berry but Jennifer Hudson... I can imagine how it feels to make that kind of history.
This is for any one out there who has felt less than beautiful, for any one who has tried their hardest only to be shunned by people who could care less. This shows that with hard work, determination and by the grace of God anything can happen. Too many people waste their time, talent and energy trying to 'fit in" and the most admirable thing anyone can do is pretty simple just be true to yourself and everything else falls in place. Trust in God and He has promised " that no eyes have heard, yet no eyes have seen what He has in store for us all..."

No comments: