Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Man Who Loved Me First

Yesterday marked three years that the most important man in my life went to be with the Lord. I must say the phrase " time heals all wound..." is quite true. I wouldn't say it heals all wounds but it definately does make it better. Yesterday was the first time we all went and felt a sense of peace, thanksgiving, and calm. We didn't cry, we didn't feel pain, we instead felt thanksgiving in our hearts. I am just thankful to God for bringing my family to this point in our lives. That day three years ago, I could not see beyond, I had no idea what the future held, I felt lost, confused, dazed, angry, weak. My worst nightmare of losing a parent just hit me and it hit me hard. Now as I look back and see how far we have come I thank God. We are healthy, strong and He has done so much in our lives. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my dad. Sometimes when things are quite rough I imagine what it would have been like if he were still here.
He was my hero, he would do anything for his children. He always made us feel like we were the most important people in the world. To him we were his light, his reason to go on....and I loved him. If we asked for something he would do anything in his power to get it for us, he spoiled us...I remember when we were alot younger he would gives us five bucks each time we laid our beds...hehe. I am thankful for the sweet memories I have of my daddy. I thank God I was lucky enough to have him as my father. I will continue to do whatever I can to make him proud. I want to do great things and dedicate them to his memory...I always felt safe when he was around, he was my knight in shining armour. Tears are welling up now not because I am sad but because I am touched by his undying love for us his family. The day he died I had that last chance to say "I love you" in that special way that only we had it was like our own little secret handshake...
Everyone knew him for one specific characteristic..." he was a gentle man..."
He was big and intimidating when you first met him but he was my "gentle giant"...he always appreciated the little things we did, even when I thought it would go unnoticed...I loved him and I still do... he was the first man to love me and he was the first man I ever loved. It pains me sometimes when I feel he should be here to see things I have accomplished, but I know he is with me in spirit. It brings tears to my eyes to think he won't be there to walk me down the aisle when I eventually get married, but I know he will be by my side.
To the people who have kept me and my family in mind, and who called yesterday or sent me a message I appreciate you guys and I love you loads...I thank God for friends like you and I pray that God will bless you and your families abundantly.
To the man who loved me first you are gone but never forgotten, I love you and always will...

Tops...

No comments: